Social Distancing Suggestions & Information:
According to the CDC it is “unlikely that COVID-19 can be transmitted through food.” They recommend washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before preparing or eating food. For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
When dropping off Project Cupcake bags, leave bags on the doorstep, ring doorbell and then step back a safe distance of six feet or more to speak with you neighbor. This is a great opportunity to check to see if they need anything or if there is anyway you can help them during this time.
- Pause and consider who you will give your bags to. A “Neighbor” can be anyone you feel led to connect with in your community.
- Pray for the person to whom you will deliver your bag and for divine opportunities, open doors and sweet conversations. If you are shy ask God for courage.
- Prepare for delivery Fill each bag with cookies, cupcakes, brownies or any sweet treat that you want. The treats can be homemade or bought from your favorite bakery or grocery store.
- Resist the urge to leave the Project Cupcake bag at the door. The purpose of this project is face to face connections with people in our community.
- Share with your neighbor why you are delivering these goodies – “as a way to connect with friends and neighbors in our community with the love of Christ.”
- Ask open-ended questions such as “I’d love to hear how you’ve been.” “We haven’t caught up in a while, what’s going on?” “I see you’ve just moved in. Where are you from?” Depending on your conversation and how the Holy Spirit leads, you may feel led to pray with your neighbor.
- Pray Thank God for the opportunity to connect with your neighbor through His love. Ask God what is next for this relationship.
- Share your story by posting photos of your experience on social media #projectcupcake or email email@example.com.
- Ask God what is another way you can use Project Cupcake to connect with others in your community with the love of Christ.