The Lord has given all believers the commission to spread the gospel to those around us. For many, that can be a very intimidating task. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be! We’ve been given the Holy Spirit to assist us in this awesome call.
One key to organically sharing the gospel that can often be overlooked is relationship. This simple yet powerful component is what makes building the kingdom of God natural and fun. First and foremost, we must cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus. It is out of this relationship that the good news overflows from us to others.
Along with daily intimacy with God through His Word, below are 5 simple steps to grow your Sweet Monday through new relationships:
- Engage (really listen and show interest)
- Befriend (build on initial contact and take steps to get to know that person better like asking them to meet you for coffee or lunch)
- Ask for a need/request (so you can pray more specifically for that person)
- Share (use a scripture that coincides with that need)
- Invite (to your Sweet Monday and/or church)
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
If you are not a Sweet Monday Hostess but would like to learn more, visit our What is a Hostess Page.